Now that Ken has posted about our anniversary, I guess it is my turn to brag about him a little. One of Ken's favorite things to do is plan weekend getaways. My anniversary weekend included Ken making all of the arrangements for Shane to stay with my mom for the weekend and us living it up in the beautiful La Jolla Marriott. When we arrived at the hotel Friday afternoon, I was welcomed by this gorgeous arrangement of flowers.
We had a yummy dinner Friday night at BJ's. I love their pizza and the pizzookie is to die for. We slept in Saturday for the first time in a looooong time. We spent the late morning on scenic drive around Pacific Beach and just enjoyed adult conversation. I was handed a note that said "open at noon on Saturday". The note included directions to a day spa in Del Mar called Pukalani.and informed me I was being treated to an hour massage. This place is amazing. I will definitely be making a return trip. Maybe a birthday present. I returned from my wonderfully relaxing trip to find another envelope that said "open at 5:00 pm on Saturday". This note revealed plans for dinner at Roy's. Roy's is one for our favorite restaurants for special occasions and is actually where we had dinner the night we got engaged. We had a lovely seafood dinner and to top it off, one of the best desserts known to man. The chocolate souffle topped with ice cream and raspberry sauce. 
I also received a beautiful sparkely diamond necklace. I was very pampered. I truly felt like a princess that weekend. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, romantic husband. I love him so much and I am so grateful for that last five years of my life.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I'm a lucky girl!!
Posted by Amanda at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
ken, i did bust my leg about a month ago. i broke my fibula playing softball at work. they put a plate and four titanium screws in. what happened to you?
Holy cow! Where can I find a man like that?
Happy be-lated anniversary!! I actually thought of your guys on your anniversary. Way to go Ken on creating a fabulous 5th anniversary. You definatly won this year in that department. I think we need to work on getting away more. That weekend sounded wonderful! Miss you guys. Lets get together soon. Ken are you allowed on the beach? Maybe we could make a trip your way to spend doing something together. (beach, hang out, something)
What a romantic. Do you think he would be willing to teach classes or something???
Post a Comment